This edition: Science, Technology and the InternetTweet
Original tape date: December 27, 2011.
First aired: December 27, 2011.
•Ernabel Demillo visits a classroom where one teacher is using the popular game Angry Birds to teach physics.
•Mike Gilliam reports on efforts to prevent cyber-hacking and cyber-crime.
•Marlene Peralta tells us why we all need to unplug and reconnect.
•Grant Greenberg shows us the latest technology on tracking a lost pet.
•Lisa Beth Kovetz explores the world of 3-D printing.
•Barry Mitchell profiles a scientist with a rather unusual background.
For More Information:
Linda Block “Home Again” Pet Recovery
D.V.M. Jennifer C. Feeney Somerset Veterinary Group
Dr. Michael Fraser Clinical Psychologist
Dr. Joseph Geliebter Founder of Unplug and Reconnect
Melissa Grossbarth Senior, John Jay High School
Matthew Kaufman Senior, John Jay High School
Bilhal Khan Professor of Cyber-Crime Studies, John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY
Norman Mohi CEO, Norbell LLC
Jonathan Monaghan Creative Evangelist, MakerBot Industries
Frank Noschese Physics Teacher, John Jay High School
Bre Pettis CEO/Co-founder, MakerBot Industries
Ronald Probstein Author of “Honest Sid”, Massachussetts Institute of Technology
Douglas E. Salane Associate Professor Cyber-CrimesStudies, John Jay College/CUNY
Peter Weijmarshausen CEO and Co-founder, Shapeways
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Wednesday, May 29 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 30 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Summer Fun
- Wednesday, June 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, June 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, June 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, June 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm