This edition: Science and the EnvironmentTweet
Original tape date: April 24, 2012.
First aired: April 24, 2012.
• Carol Anne Riddell shows you how to go green without leaving home! Low cost ideas right from your living room!
• Donna Hanover lights the way and explains what all those new light bulbs really mean…and how they work to save energy…and money!
• Marlene Peralta digs in to tell you how to compost and turn waste into a much more useful product.
• Ernabel DeMillo gets musical…with instruments made from trash!
• Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson introduces us to a group of students with $100 and a dream to make the earth a little greener.
• Tinabeth Pina reports on a group of CUNY students who set out to conquer the planet with a unique housing idea.
• Lisa Beth Kovetz makes going green fashionable!
For More Information:
Lightbulbs - www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/
Bash the Trash - bashthetrash.com
Future City - www.futurecity.org
Green Homes - www.coned.com
Auralis Diseñadora de moda
Robin Baron Interior & Lifestyle Designer
Camilla Bettig Student
Christine Datz-Romero Director, Lower East Side Ecology Center
Keira Doughtery Student
Erik Eibert Test Engineer, Good Housekeeping Research Institute
Nathan Hetherington Musician, Bash The Trash
Julia Johnson Teacher/Future City Team Mentor, Islip Middle School
Erika Kapin Musician, Bash the Trash
Catie Kiernan Student
Richard King Director, US Department of Energy Solar Decathlon
Chris Lopez Future City Competitor, Islip Middle School
Arun Majumdar Senior Advisor to the secretary of the Department of Energy
Jack Morrissey Future City Competitor, Islip Middle School
Kenny Ortega Future City Competitor, Islip Middle School
Khemani Rhonin Musician, Bash the Trash
Rachel Rothman Senior Test Engineer, Good Housekeeping Research Institute
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm