This edition: Science and Your HealthTweet
Original tape date: September 25, 2012.
First aired: September 25, 2012.
• Carol Anne Riddell takes a closer look at what’s behind new research showing an alarming increase in the children affected by autism spectrum disorders and how families are coping.
• Mike Gilliam looks at encouraging new treatments for sickle cell disease.
• Donna Hanover reports on the life-giving work of organ donation and the families who put their grief aside to help make it happen.
• Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson tells us why one overlooked part of our body just may be the answer to a healthier life.
• Tinabeth Pina answers the ever-changing questions – what foods are really good for you?
• Ernabel Demillo unravels the mystery behind gluten with some sweet results.
For More Information:
SICKLE CELL DISEASE
NO GUTS, NO GLORY
Monica Bhatta Sickle Cell Expert, Columbia Univ. Med. Ctr.
Andrew Ceonzo 13 Years Old
Jackie Ceonzo Parent
Joe Ceonzo Parent
Denise Cumming Owner, Pip's Place
Olivia Cumming Diagnosed with Celiac Disease
MD Michael J. Goldstein Transplant Surgeon
MD Nancy Green Sickle Cell Expert, Columbia Univ. Med Ctr.
Dr. Peter Green NY-Presbyterian/Columbia
Helen Irving N.Y. Organ Donor Network
Marie LaPersonerie Donated son's organs
Susan Longtin Assistant Professor, Brooklyn College
Lawrence Pardes Liver transplant recipient
Karen Paris Registered Physicians Asst.
Charles Pena Sickle Cell Patient
Michael Pena Sickle Cell Patient
Dr. Fred Pescatore MD Nutritional Medicine Specialist & Author ofThe Hamptons Diet
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Wednesday, May 29 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 30 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Summer Fun
- Wednesday, June 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, June 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, June 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, June 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm