This edition: Science and SuperheroesTweet
Original tape date: March 26, 2013.
First aired: March 26, 2013.
• Carol Anne Riddell looks at Wonder Woman – and the real life wonder women making a difference for Science.
• Mike Gilliam talks with a Battlestar Galactica consultant who says the best superheroes are governed by the laws of real science.
• Tinabeth Pina meets the man behind the comic book series “X-Men” and meets a professor who explains how the sociology of superheroes works in the classroom.
• Lisa Beth Kovetz introduces us to a real life marathon man…with superhuman abilities.
• Ernabel Demillo explains how there’s a superhero inside each and every one of us.
• Barry Mitchell sits down with Dr. Who…and an assortment of other characters at Comic Con!
For More Information:
Psychology of Superheroes - www.drrobinrosenberg.com/psychology-and-superheroes.php
Ultra Marathon Man - www.ultramarathonman.com
Batttlestar Galactica - en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Grazier
Dr. Jill Bargonetti Professor of Biological Sciences, Hunter College
Chris Claremont Comic Book Writer
Peter Davidson “Dr. Who”
Dr. Barna Donovan Author/Professor, St. Peter’s University
Kelcey Edwards Producer
Kevin Grazier, PhD. Science Consultant
Dean Karnazes Author and Ultra Marathon Runner
Garvey Potter Student
Dr. Robin S. Rosenberg Clinical Psychologist and Author
Eric Schadt, Ph.D. Director of the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology
James Smith Student
Wendy Varela Student
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm