This edition: Science and AnimalsTweet
Original tape date: June 25, 2013.
First aired: June 25, 2013.
• Carol Anne Riddell explains how a tiny mouse just might save your life in the future.
• Andrew Falzon reports on the world of bees and their role in helping the environment.
• Mike Gilliam looks at language…through birdsong.
• Ernabel Demillo tells us about the science behind cicadas and their “magical” lifecycle.
• Donna Hanover updates her story about efforts to save animals living in the wild.
• Tinabeth Pina shows us the expanded role dogs…and other animals…have in helping humans heal.
For More Information:
Bomb Sniffing Mice
Leanne Arnow therapy dog handler
Dr. Susan Phillip Cohen Human animal bond consultant
Charlotte D'Hulst Postdoctoral Fellow, Hunter College
Paul Feinstein Associate Professor, Hunter College
Ruth Harrigan Beekeeper
Tim Hetzner President, Luthern Church Charities
Alison Kelley therapy dog handler
David C. Lahti Asst. Prof. Biology, Queens College
Jennifer Leahy therapy dog enthusiast
Simon Lee Student
Danielle Martinez therapy dog enthusiast
Louis Sorkin Entomologist
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm