This edition: Science and FoodTweet
Original tape date: August 5, 2014.
First aired: August 26, 2014.
• Andrew Falzon hits the kitchen to look at how chemistry might just help with your next meal.
• Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson looks at the connection between smell, taste and our brain.
• Carol Anne Riddell reports on the science behind your cocktail…combining chemistry and presentation…along with taste.
• Lisa Beth Kovetz explores the scientific methods of making beer.
• Donna Hanover speaks with Josie Iselin author of “An Ocean Garden”…who tells us all you wanted to know about the beauty of seaweed in and out of the ocean..and sometimes on the dinner table.
For More Information:
Mixology - anthonycaporale.com
Cooking with Chemicals - www.internationalculinarycenter.com
An Ocean Garden/Josie Iselin - www.josieiselin.com
Smell and Taste - www.healthline.com/health/smell
Anthony Caporale Host, Art of the Drink
Bert Hansen Professor, Baruch College
Josie Iselin Author, An Ocean Garden
Dr. Wahida Karmally Nutritionist, Research Scientist, Columbia University Medical Center
Anil Lalwani Otolaryngologist
John LaPolla Bitter & Esters
Hervé Malivert Chef, International Culinary Center
Pamela Wiznitzer Chapter President, US Bartenders Guild
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm