This edition: Science and the BrainTweet
Original tape date: January 10, 2015.
First aired: January 27, 2015.
• Dr. Max Gomez maps out the parts of the brain to explain where our functions come from.
• Donna Hanover looks at advancements in research for ALS.
• Andrew Falzon finds an innovative software that may help treat Dementia with more accuracy.
• Mike Gilliam explores the possibility that our brains might be making decisions while we are sleep.
• Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson talks with experts to learn the best ways for children to develop their brains.
For More Information:
Brain Mapping - neurocni.com
ALS - projectals.org
Decisions While You Sleep - columbiasleep.org
Eiman Azim, PhD Neuroscientist, Jessell Lab, Columbia University
Dr. Melanie Brickman Stynes, PhD, MSc Director of Life Sciences Conferences, New York Academy of Sciences
Dr. David J. Chalif Chief Neurovascular Neurosurgery, North Shore LIJ
Valerie Estess Director of Research, Project A.L.S.
Thomas Jessell Neuroscientist, Jessell Lab, Columbia University
Amy Kuceyeski, PhD Weill-Cornell Medical College
Dr. Catherine Monk Associate Professor, Columbia University Medical Center
Ashish Raj, PhD Weill-Cornell Medical College
Dr. Andrew Westwood Sleep Expert, NY Prebyterian Columbia University Medical Center
Conferences at the NYASNew York Academy of Sciences shares the process in which scientific conferences are chosen.
What is the NYAS?Dr. Melanie Brickman Stynes gives a brief overview of the New York Academy of Sciences.
What is PREPP?Dr. Catherine Monk explains one intervention study that may prevent postpartum depression.
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm