This edition: Science and Women's HealthTweet
Original tape date: September 3, 2015.
First aired: October 6, 2015.
This month Science & U! takes a look at Women’s Health:
Max Gomez goes through the symptoms of heart attacks, the number 1 killer of women in the United States.
Mike Gilliam learns why strokes are more common in women than men, and the advances in treatment.
Vianora Vinca discusses ovarian cancer, also known as the “silent killer,” since it often goes undetected until it reaches a late stage.
Carol Anne Riddell discovers that thyroid cancer is one of the most rapidly increasing cancers in the United States, especially in women.
Donna Hanover finds a way for breast cancer patients to keep their hair during chemotherapy.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson talks about how using too much make-up, or improper use of cosmetics can be detrimental to your health.
For More Information:
Cosmetic Safety - www.artscraftstheatersafety.org
Dr. Stacie Chasin Patient
Dr. Tessa Cigler Weill Cornell Breast Center
Carolyn Dempsey DigniCap Trial Participant
Dr. Mitchell S.V. Elkind N.Y. Presbyterian/Columbia University
Judy Fein Heart Attack Patient
Marcia Kaplan Heart Patient
Dr. Marie-Noelle Langan Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Mary Ann McLaughlin Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Monica Prasad-Hayes Gynecologic Oncologist, Mount Sinai Hospital
Monona Rossol Author, Pick Your Poison
Sarah Schub Patient, Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Marita Teng Mount Sinai Hospital
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Wednesday, May 29 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 30 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & The Arts
- Wednesday, June 5 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, June 6 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, June 8 - 11:30am
- Sunday, June 9 - 5:30pm
- Science & Summer Fun
- Wednesday, June 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, June 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, June 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, June 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm
- Science and Astronomy
- Saturday, April 20 - 11:30am