This edition: Science & U!:The Best of 2015Tweet
Original tape date: November 1, 2015.
First aired: December 1, 2015.
The year is almost over and Science & U! would like to take a look back at some of our favorite segments from 2015:
Dr. Max Gomez maps out the parts of the brain to explain where our functions come from.
Tinabeth Pina gets a closer look at musical strings and the complexity that goes into creating strings that make the right sound.
Mike Gilliam visits the STREB Extreme Action Company which uses science to push the boundaries of dance and movement.
Vianora Vinca sits down with Fabien Cousteau, grandson of legendary explorer Jacques Cousteau, about his 31 day excursion living in an underwater sea lab.
Carol Anne Riddell meets a Girl Scout troop that‘s excited about technology, not cookies.
Donna Hanover finds a way for breast cancer patients to keep their hair during chemotherapy.
For More Information:
Brain Mapping - www.neurocni.com
D'addario - www.daddario.com
STREB Extreme Action Company - www.streb.org
Fabien Cousteau - fabiencousteau.org
Girl Scouts - www.girlscoutsnyc.org
Dr. David J. Chalif Chief Neurovascular Neurosurgery, North Shore LIJ
Dr. Tessa Cigler Weill Cornell Breast Center
Fabien Cousteau Ocean Explorer
John D'Addario III President, D'Addario & Company, Inc.
Carolyn Dempsey DigniCap Trial Participant
Alexi Feliciano Girl Scout
Anna Kalishman Girl Scout
Emily Layden Girl Scout
Sarah Pooley Manager, Youth Leadership & Volunteer Support, Girl Scouts of Greater New York
Bart Reid Value Stream Manager, D'Addario Wire Works
Tatiana Serafin Leader, Leader Troop 2832
Elizabeth Streb Choreographer, performer and teacher, STREB
Fan-Chia Tao Director of Research & Development, D'Addario & Company, Inc.
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm