This edition: Science & TechnologyTweet
Original tape date: January 11, 2016.
First aired: February 2, 2016.
This month Science & U! is looking at technology and its new uses in our everyday lives:
Donna Hanover talks with Dan Levine, CEO of CytexOne, about the growing trend of smart homes, connecting homeowners with their homes at all times.
Mike Gilliam looks into the future of healthcare with an app developed by Dr. Samuel Sia of Columbia University, which can test blood for disease.
Andrew Falzon tries on some fitness gear that is meant to determine how healthy you are and how much work has been put into your workout.
Lisa Beth Kovetz visits the Microfactory, a 3D printing company that fits in a two bedroom apartment.
Ari Goldberg sheds some light on the newest steps in internet technology which could improve data speeds over 100 times faster using light waves.
Carol Anne Riddell heads to the Museum of the Moving Image to figure out exactly why cats have become such an internet sensation.
For More Information:
Blood Test App - https://synaptic.bio/organizations/sialab
Wearables - https://www.liveathos.com
Museum of the Moving Image - www.movingimage.us
Connected Homes - www.cytexone.com
John Arzayus Owner, The Micro Factory
Jason Eppink Curator of Digital Media, Museum of the Moving Image
Dr. Jeffrey Espinoza Independent DPT
Dan Levine CEO, CytexOne
Prof. Vinod Menon Professor, Department of Physics, CIty College/CUNY Graduate Center
Samiksha Nayak Graduate Research Assistant, Sia Lab, Columbia University
Bre Pettis CEO/Co-founder, MakerBot Industries
Dr. Samuel K. Sia Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
Peter Weijmarshausen CEO and Co-Founder, Shapeways
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Wednesday, May 29 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 30 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Summer Fun
- Wednesday, June 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, June 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, June 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, June 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm