This edition: Season 6/Episode 5: May 2017Tweet
Original tape date: April 5, 2017.
First aired: May 2, 2017.
This month Science & U! enters the investing world; uses Hip Hop to teach science; discovers a city-wide initiative to teach computer science; studies mummies; and takes an in-depth look at Lewy Body Dementia.
For those who always wanted to get into investing but never thought they’d be able to compete with the big banks a new service is on its way. Polish company, Exeria, has taken robo-investing and put it in the hands of the everyday investor.
Science is fascinating, but some still find it a little boring; in steps Hip Hop. A group known as FMA Live! and a local science educator have separately found similar ways to get students engaged in science.
It is well known that learning another language is easier the younger you start; the same goes for coding languages. City Hall has taken on a program called “Computer Science For All” to get computer programming in the public school curriculum.
It seems like we can learn a lot from ancient Egypt and we’re about to learn a whole lot more. With new MRI and CAT Scan technology we are now able to learn more about mummies including cause of death.
Dementia has been a battle for most people in one way or another and Lewy Body Dementia is no exception. We take an in-depth look at what is considered the second most common neuro-degenerative disorder.
For More Information:
Exeria - new.exeria.com
Computer Science For All - csnyc.org/our-work/cs4all
Mummies Exhibit - www.amnh.org/exhibitions/mummies
Lewy Body Dementia - nyulangone.org/conditions/dementia
Hip Hop in Science - fmalive.honeywell.com
Prof. Bernard Donefer Distinguished Lecturer, Baruch College
Christopher Emdin, PhD Science Educator
Gabrielle Fialkoff Senior Advisor to the Mayor, City Hall
Emily Fields Computer Science Teacher
John James Show Captain, FMA Live!
Jakub Korecki Developer, Ted the Millionaire, Finstar
Tomasz Korecki CEO, Exeria
Jamie Perez Student
Robert Roberson US Manager, Exeria
Dr. David Hurst Thomas American Museum of Natural History
Dr. Thomas, MD Wisniewski M. Neurologist, NYU Langone
Bartosz Wojcik CTO
- Science and Alternative Healing
- Wednesday, May 22 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 23 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 25 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 26 - 5:30pm
- Science and the Brain
- Wednesday, May 29 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 30 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Science & Summer Fun
- Wednesday, June 12 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, June 13 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, June 15 - 11:30am
- Sunday, June 16 - 5:30pm
- Science and Exercise
- Wednesday, May 15 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 16 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 18 - 11:30am
- Science and Infertility
- Wednesday, May 8 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 9 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 11 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 12 - 5:30pm
- March 2017
- Wednesday, May 1 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, May 2 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, May 4 - 11:30am
- Sunday, May 5 - 5:30pm
- Science and Water
- Wednesday, April 24 - 9:00pm
- Thursday, April 25 - 10:30am, 4:30pm
- Saturday, April 27 - 11:30am
- Sunday, April 28 - 5:30pm