This edition: Ted KoppelTweet
Original tape date: October 17, 2002.
In this insightful interview with Ted Koppel, the 38-year ABC News veteran comments to senior writer/producer Morton Silverstein on the ABC/CBS dispute when ABC approached David Letterman to replace Nightline. This episode traces Koppel's career, following his work as a correspondent to the Iran hostage crisis (which spawned Nightline). He also reminisces about the late Roone Arledge, who helmed ABC's sports and news divisions. In closing, Koppel looks past his career benchmarks and management challenges to the future. Host: Steven H. Scheuer
- Daniel Schorr
- Thursday, May 23 - 9:00pm
- Friday, May 24 - 9:00am, 2:00pm
- Year-End Edition
- Thursday, May 9 - 9:00pm
- Friday, May 10 - 9:00am, 2:00pm
- Don Hewitt, Producer "60 Minutes"
- Thursday, May 2 - 9:00pm
- Friday, May 3 - 9:00am, 2:00pm
- Howard K. Smith
- Thursday, April 25 - 9:00pm
- Friday, April 26 - 9:00am, 2:00pm